Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to the Dentist

Carter and I found ourselves back at Dr. Wyke's office yesterday morning.....it was time to replace the fillings that we lost so quickly last week.

Carter was less than anxious to get back into the chair and had to be finessed. Once Dr. Wyke came in he totally freaked....screaming, wiggling and thrashing about. I made the decision to leave the room in hopes that it would make things a little easier.

From outside the door I stood with tears in my eyes as he continued to fight the doctor and hygienist. It wasn't funny at the time but the mental picture I have of the hygienist using her whole body to hold down my stubborn 3 year old makes me chuckle a tiny bit today. Alas, they were able to get the fillings in and Carter calmed enough at one point for them to dry really well. Fingers crossed that they stay put because I don't think that I am going to be able to get him back for a third time!

The good news is after 24 hours and 3 meals and many snacks the fillings are still in place! HOORAY!

No comments: