Monday, August 4, 2008

Martin on Main

My little hometown of Nazareth is also the home of the very famous Martin Guitar. This past weekend Martin celebrated their 175 Anniversary and the town of Nazareth helped them to do so. Closing down the Main Street of town created the perfect spot for the 'Martin on Main' celebration. Martin enthusiasts from all of the country flooded Nazareth for the festivities. Our tiny town was filled with hundreds of people that share one passion...their Martin Guitar...the street was filled with them enjoying music, food and fun. Like a mini Musikfest without all the hassle and the crowds!



So, I am sure you are all wondering why I am blogging about such an event when neither Brian or I own a Martin or have ever even toured the factory.....well, because there is a wonderful little cafe, Main Street Garden Cafe, that was in the center of all this action and I am lucky enough to know the owner Kate! I was more than happy to wait tables for the day. The work was exhausting but fun. I met a variety of interesting new people and saw a lot of familiar faces as well and the extra bonus was interaction with someone other than a toddler!

I had tucked my camera in my pocket waiting all day to see a 'famous' Martin owner wandering the street or even better looking for a place to grab a bite....but nothing.....no Eric Clapton, Steve Miller or even Sheryl Crow. There were some rumblings of Willie Nelson making an appearance but he, too, was a no-show.

Below is the awesome guitar cake specially made for the day. It was a 'HUGE HIT' (get it?) and I hear that it tasted as yummy as it looked!



Below is a picture of the cafe. It is such an amazing little place and I encourage anyone to visit. The chicken salad is awesome and was just recently voted best in the Lehigh Valley. All other soups, salads and sandwiches are fantastic as well....not to mention the coffee and breakfast! Stop in anytime at 52 S. Main Street Nazareth, PA or call your order in 610-759-9620.
























No comments: