Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Blueberry Pancakes

This past weekend as I was making breakfast for my boys and I couldn't get the pancakes off the griddle fast enough it got me thinking about how my mom always made these great breakfasts for us growing up. She would make her 'special' eggs....they are still my favorite! At 33 years old I still am not able to resist the wonderful mixture of eggs, bacon and potatoes. I don't know why but I am not able to ever get the recipe to taste as good as my mom's, try as I may.

It is funny how something so small as a simple family breakfast doesn't seem significant until you have children of your own. I love to make a huge breakfast on the weekends especially...it seems that sometimes we have out best family time at the table...laughing, telling silly jokes and eating!! Not able to duplicate my mom's eggs, my boys have seemed to take a particular liking to my blueberry pancakes.

Maybe one day, without any reason at all, my boys will be having breakfast with their children and think of blueberry pancakes with a smile.


Elijah polishes off his fifth pancake. Without a doubt this kid is an eating machine. We can not feed him fast enough!
Carter lets me know that he would like to eat in peace. The pointing of the finger is Carter code for "put that camera away, NOW!"


Mommy's note: My mom commented that it was my Dad who created Eggs ala Dew....so we must give him credit. Thanks Dad and thank you both for all of my great breakfast memories.











1 comment:

Mimi said...

What a very nice little post and I am honored. But I must give credit where credit is dew(Bill Dew that is). Your father first made those "special eggs" for you and me many years ago. I was very pregnant with Jeven, it was summer and very hot. Dad came home from work and offered to make dinner. He whipped up a wonderful mix of potatoes, bacon and eggs! Come for breakfast this weekend and we will teach you the secret!
xoxo Mom