Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy Autumn

Happy Autumn, Everyone! Fall still remains my favorite season. I love the colors of the leaves, the warm sun in the afternoon, the crisp night air and hayrides to the local pumpkin patches! Now having the boys, I also look forward to Halloween more than I did when I was kid!

Brian continues to be busy mowing. It seems that this summer wasn't as hot and humid as summers past making mowing easier. Even though we have lacked rain, mowing season didn't seem to slow down and Brian also kept busy with a variety of extra side work. (i.e. mulching and pruning of trees and bushes for his regular customers) All in all it has been a great season but I know Brian is welcoming the end of mowing and the start of the hunting season. Archery is upon us and Brian can't wait to spend some time in the woods.

The boys continue to keep me very busy. As they are growing it seems I spend alot of time running back and forth to school and doctor's appointments. I have also been able to escape the house on a few occasions to do some shopping and to help out at a friend's cafe when needed. Getting away a little bit has proven to be very positive for me!

As for Carter...................
.......he continues to amaze his father and I everyday. He has such a wonderful zest for life and truly enjoys every challenge that he faces. He continues to enjoy pre-school and is very proud to now call himself a 'junior'. Sometimes he can be a bit too stubborn but I admire his conviction to make a stand and stick to his guns no matter how large or small the issue may be! I would be fibbing if I said life with Carter is always rosy......he keeps Brian and I on our toes at ALL times but we wouldn't want it any other way!


On to our sweet Elijah.........
........he is making wonderful progress. We continue to meet with an occupational therapist once a week and Elijah has been making fantastic progress in the month of September. He is cruising more than crawling. He has also begun to take one or two steps here and there. We also catch him standing without the support of any furniture more and more. These are all positive signs that point toward walking. My goal is to have him walking by his second birthday.....a goal that the therapist feels is very realistic. Elijah has also started to say some words. We heard a 'NO' the other night and he can say "Jeven'.....his favorite word is, of course, MOM! Not mama or mommy but MOM! Guess he wants to be sure to get my attention when he needs me. Eli definitely is our more easy going child and still remains a cuddle bug that will greet anyone with a tight hug and kiss!

As always, please continue to check back often and enjoy the ride through our crazy life that never seems to slow down!


















No comments: