Friday, September 19, 2008

School Update: Week Three

Carter has finished his third week of school and we are slowly transitioning out of summer mode into school mode. Carter is not a lazy child by any means but it has taken a couple of weeks to get him back into the swing of school, which unfortunately means no lounging around in his jammies until Thomas is over.

We did hit a bump in our pre-school journey yesterday......Carter cried and didn't want to go into his classroom. He went through this last year and very quickly got over it but I wasn't expecting the tears this year. It was with a very heavy heart that I left him behind the closed doors of his classroom screaming. I stood frozen outside the door listening to him scream for me and trying to open the door to make his escape. Luckily I could hear Mrs. McAtee talking calmly to him and then the crying stopped rather quickly. When I picked him up Mrs. McAtee gave me a thumbs up and Carter chattered the whole rest of the day about how much fun school was.

This week's curriculum was The Farm and the religious theme was God calls Abraham. The shape was the circle and the new color was blue. The blue theme carried over into the super cute blue jeans that Carter and his classmates made yesterday. The jeans have replaced the ladybugs and hang from the ceiling.

This is Carter's farm book. My faves are the cow (his spots are Carter's fingerprints) and the sheep who is made of popcorn (yum)!
This is the cute little ladybug made last week.



Carter has been starting to practice letters. You will notice the L's on this page. He worked diligently with his Mimi at lunch yesterday on them.




Lunch with Mimi was a special treat for the boys and I yesterday as we have not seen her that much as of late. After a super successful Las Vegas show, Mimi has many orders to fill and leads to follow up on for Waiting for You (www.waitingforyou.net ). Way to go and Congratulations....we are very proud of you, Mimi!!!
It also should be noted that both boys were excellent during our lunch excursion yesterday...I am also very proud of my boys!

















































































































1 comment:

Mimi said...

Very nice job at school, Carter! I sure did enjoy our lunch yesterday and how about those juicebox holders! Gotta love the ABC KIDS EXPO!