Monday, October 20, 2008

Lockdown

All of the cabinets in our kitchen and bathroom still have child safety locks on them....that's what happens when your children are two years apart I suppose. Believe me, I look forward to lock-free days because quite honestly I still forget from time to time to disengage the locks when searching for pots, pans or bowls and end up flying backward as I try in vain to pull open a drawer or cabinet. Anyway back to the point......

All of the cabinets but one.....the snack drawer! This little drawer is the one used the most in our house, no doubt and after three long years of abuse the child lock simply broke. Out of what can be described only as laziness the lock was never replaced allowing Carter to have free reign over his snack choices (great parenting, I know. lucky for us he tends to prefer the healthier snacks) and abundance of food wasted.

Finally this weekend tired of finding goldfish on the floor and the need to vacuum three times a day Brian installed a new lock thus putting our snacks on lock down! How wonderful for me....no more wrestling a pretzel bag from Carter at 8am! Carter, however, not a happy camper! He just doesn't understand why we would take his snacks away! Ah Yes....we are able to continue our title of 'the nastiest mommy and daddy ever!' (that is a direct quote from Carter)

No comments: